On May 26th 2016, group of Ottawa citizens concerned with human rights in the middle east founded a new Canadian human rights organization called “Canada Talks Israel Palestine” or CTIP for short.
With the founding of CTIP, we formally ended our previous relationship with the National Council on Canada Arab Relations (or NCCAR). CTIP has a new mission, basis of unity and executive committee.
Canada Talks Israel Palestine (CTIP) – Who we are
Canada Talks Israel/Palestine (CTIP) is an independent not-for-profit Canadian organization whose mission is to help Canadians better understand the history and current challenges facing those living in Israel/Palestine, and to advocate for human rights and equality for all those who live there.
CTIP is founded on 5 basic principles:
- Respect for and application of international law and relevant UN resolutions, including a just solution for Palestinian refugees;
- Equality and democracy for all those who live in Israel/Palestine;
- Respect for human rights and protection of minorities;
- Rejection of all forms of racism, including anti-Semitism and Islamophobia;
- Respect for historical accuracy.
Membership in CTIP is open to anyone resident in Canada who:
- Agrees with the basic principles;
- Agrees to work in a co-operative and helpful manner;
- Agrees to pay his/her annual dues (currently $20/year)
CTIP carries out the following core activities:
- Educational presentations for external public;
- Annual program of invited speakers;
- Workshops for members and Palestinian human rights activists;
- Active blog and social media presence on Israel/Palestine issues;
- Educational tours to Israel/Palestine;
- Applied research aimed at understanding how to change Canadian opinion-makers’ perception of the Israel/Palestine issue.
- Chair, Peter Larson, email: email@example.com
- Vice Chair, Grafton Ross
Canada Talks Israel Palestine (CTIP) aims to promote a serious discussion in Canada about the complicated and emotional Israel/Palestine issue. If you support our educational mission, why not join? Or make a donation? Or learn more about what we do? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.